Monday, September 15, 2014

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-29204518
Do you think that this will change Minecraft, if so how do you think it will change it.  If you don't thing it will change, why do you think that?

34 comments:

  1. I do think that this change to Microsoft will change Minecraft and the way it works and I just hope that it will change for the better and not for the worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see this coming, Microsoft has gotten extremely greedy and to see them go for Minecraft isn't so surprising. So far Bukkit is down and donations to servers are also down. Mojang could do a lot more by creating games of their own instead of selling out to Microsoft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so upset that Notch is leaving. He was the creator of Minecraft, there can't be another creator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. with the sell of minecraft the only thing I personally am worried about is if the contracts made originally with the first buyers of minecraft will be kept or if Microsoft will void those contracts with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that the various texture packs and what not, will increase in price, because Microsoft likes its money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is not something that should be happening, Microsoft shouldn't have been allowed to have bought Minecraft. They will most likely change EVERYTHING!! WHY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that people will be upset but as the article said microsoft can expand the game as well so it could turn out to be better than people are making it out to be, but from personal experience i cant say how it will affect the game play as i have never played a extended season of minecraft

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gotta be kidding Chris

      Delete
  8. i umm like dont know what this mindcrat thing is but i guess squares are a big deal
    i like xbox tho, and microsoft makes xbox so i think this is pretty neat

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am surprised and a little disappointed in notch. I am thinking that Microsoft will milk this for every cent they can get which means more advertisement and merchandise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like Microsoft is gonna ruin the Minecraft name. Knowing Microsoft they don't like modifications so what I wonder is are they going to get rid of the mods that so many people have come to know? if so Minecraft will be nothing but the vanilla and everyone gets bored of that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I personally think that this could cause the destruction of many youtube channels entirely. (That is if they go for copy right.) This could also wreck many companies who made Minecraft ripoffs

    Chris (Buckoman 64)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I personally haven't played much Minecraft myself but I usually here nothing but good things about it, and anybody can see how big of a cash cow it is. Microsoft saw this and whether or not they mess it up or make it better is up to the future. we'll just have to wait and see

    ReplyDelete
  13. i can see two things comeing out of it either they mess it up or they company will drop it so they can improve the other games profits

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was very surprised when I heard the rumor last weak and I didn't think that they would go through with it. I think that it will be an improvement but could have some flaws such as, how is this going to effect Sony with PlayStation and the allowance of Minecraft on their console. I think that it will be removed from Sony consoles but maybe not. The servers may improve though because it is now owned by a corporation. The updating may also improve such as the speed that they will come out with new updates. They also may add mods to the console and mobile versions. Many, many things could change but I think that it will all be worth it in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i think that this is a good out look for the game and just hope the fix the GRAPHICS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do think it will change Minecraft to some extent. Its also possible that they will ruin the game because they would add stupid and cruddy ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can see two things coming out of this either it will go amazing and minecraft will excel or it will flop way to hard and people will leave it in its nastiness

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am surprised, and hope that Microsoft will have the decency to still have Minecraft on the PS4, as Microsoft owns Xbox. Considering that Minecraft has been on Playstation in the past, I think it will stay that way. I don't think it will change much considering you cant really change free roam-block building-serial homicide type creativity all that much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This could ruin or create it due to the fact that some people in Microsoft that some people in mojang didn't have. So depending if they change it to much it may ruin the game in all but if they do things that mojang was to scared to do. But it may seem that for some people it may scare them but we shall see how it is. But the thing that kinda scares me is if they make it to where you have to buy member ships like it is on xbox.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am with Ivan in regards to Microsoft "milking" Minecraft dry. I enjoy playing Minecraft with mods so I hope that they allow people like me to continue playing with mods.

    ReplyDelete
  21. im pretty sure minecraft is just a bad rip off of forge world from halo anyway

    ReplyDelete
  22. Many corporations put profit over quality, so one might worry that Minecraft will be slowly ruined, however only time will tell. It is possible that Microsoft will actually keep the quality up.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think it could be bad or good. In my opinion I do not know I have not played it in a will. I think they might make it better then it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It disappoints me to hear the rumors are true. Many years have Minecrafters' have put into this game, and Mojang made the community the main source of choice. I hope for this change that the reign of Minecraft will live on. I think a great memento to the former founders and creators of Minecraft, to honor Notch, would be to implement the Red Dragon into the game. From Inf-Dev to the Official Release version, this game has grown to capture a multitude of people and is a true Game Of The Masses. It capture all types of audiences, whether it is to play it, or to watch people play it on Youtube. For myself, I believe Notch has made the Minecraft community believe that "Big company's are bad." At least that's what I believe. I hope Minecraft will turn out for the best. In the end, Minecraft is made and REALLY controlled by the community.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope the current developers in Mojang remain developing Minecraft, because it could honestly go downhill fast. Mojang vowed they would never make Minecraft 2, because that would signify a complete re-formation of the game, which they didn't want. With Microsoft in charge, I think Minecraft 2 is a possibility, and it worries me.

    Oh yeah, Notch is a sellout.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't think Minecraft will change much, I think Microsoft will treat this game right, like Disney will treat the Star Wars series right.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Even though Mojang owns minecraft now, I believe that not much has changed even though they have a different company that owns it now, but since mojang bought it they should add more stuff to it than when it was owned by the last company.

    ReplyDelete